Education will play an
increasingly large part in eligibility for available
- Occupations which require a bachelor's degree or above will average
23% growth, almost double the 12% growth expected for occupations
that require less education and training;
- Jobs with above average wages are expected to account for 60% of
employment growth. Such jobs require higher levels of education and
The following six top job
growth fields are all health care or technology-related.
They show growth potential into the twenty-first
- Biotechnology - Science, biology, engineering, and chemistry backgrounds
will provide for unlimited opportunities in this field;
- Computer Graphics - Computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided
imagery will be two of the fastest growing fields;
- Health Care - Technological improvements will create treatment breakthroughs;
- Lasers - From health care to communications to manufacturing, lasers
will be used in a variety of ways;
- Robotics - Projections of a new generation of robots will increase
demand for engineers, technicians, installers, and repair personnel.
1996-97 Occupational Outlook Handbook; Hello!
The 100 Best Jobs for the 1990s and Beyond; and
Silver, A. David, "Quantum Companies: 100 Companies That
Will Change the Face of Tomorrow's Business", 1995)