President Pro Tempore Appointments to Agencies, Boards, and Commissions
The Senate President Pro Tempore makes appointments to numerous state agencies, boards, and commissions (ABCs). These entities cover a huge variety of subjects including agriculture, education, health care, public safety, and many more.
These entities have an important role in the oversight and regulation of important issues in Oklahoma, which is why President Pro Tempore Greg Treat is emphasizing appointments made by his office.
Pro Tempore Treat is seeking qualified, energetic, enthusiastic Oklahomans willing to serve and share their talents and expertise for the advancement of our state.
Here is a list of some of the upcoming appointments:
- Legislative Compensation Review Board, must appoint a member who represents agriculture and one member who represents a civic organization.
- Judicial Nominating Commission
- Ethics Commission
- Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust Fund, appointing someone who must have demonstrated expertise in public or private investment funds management.
- Self-Insurance Guaranty Fund Board, must appoint an attorney licensed in Oklahoma who is engaged in the primary practice of workers’ compensation law.
- The State Council on Aging, someone 60 or over from the public or private sector.
- Professional Responsibility Commission, a non-lawyer residing in Congressional District 3
- Governmental Technology Applications Review Board, Legislators and state employees prohibited from serving
If you have an interest or expertise in these areas and would like to serve, or if you have questions about what other opportunities to serve on ABCs there may be, please click here to e-mail the Pro Tem’s Office.