Roger Thompson was elected to the Oklahoma State Senate in November,
2014. He represents Senate District 8, which is comprised of Okmulgee
and McIntosh counties, and parts of Okfuskee and Muskogee counties.
In 1983, Senator Thompson graduated from Preston Road School of
Preaching and later attended Southwestern Bible College and Seminary
where he received his Masters in Theology in 1999 and his Doctorate
of Theology in 2001.
Sen. Thompson is President of the News Leader Company, Inc., which
owns and publishes the Okemah News Leader. His wife, Pamela Thompson,
owns Pamela’s Flowers and the Okemah Office Supply. He is
currently President of Okemah Community Improvement Association
(CIA) and serves as Economic Development Consultant for Businesses
Sen. Thompson was a non-lawyer member of the Professional Responsibility
Commission of the Oklahoma Bar Association from 1992-1994. He also
served on the Okfuskee County Election Board and the Okfuskee County
Excise Board. Senator Thompson is past President of the Okemah Chamber
of Commerce and Agriculture, past President of the Okemah Lion Club
and past President of Rock Creek Youth Camp in Norman, Oklahoma.
He served as President of the Board and CEO for Good News International
Foundation where he was recognized for partnering with the Secretary
of Religion and Science in Ukraine, while operating a publishing
and benevolent outreach in Ukraine after the fall of the Soviet
Union. During this same time, he served as an advisory member of
Global Christian University.
Sen. Thompson and his wife Pamela were married in 1976 and are the
parents of two children. They are members of New Beginnings Church.
- NCSL Committee Task Force on State & Local Taxation, Dec.
- Streamlined Multi-Sales and Use Tax Agreement Governing Board,
- Council of State Governments (CSG), Fiscal & Economic Development
Committee, April 2017
- NCSL, Budgets and Revenue Committee, Oct. 2017
- SLC Executive Committee of the CSG, June 2018
- SLC Fiscal Affairs & Government Operations Committee, June
- Oklahoma Commission on Opioid Abuse, January 2019
- NCSL Budgets and Revenue Committee, April 2019
- SLC Executive Committee of the CSG, April
- SLC Fiscal Affairs & Government Operations Committee, April
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Room 537
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
E-mail Senator Thompson
|Use Capitol Address
District Information: District 8
Zip codes Represented
74047, 74403, 74421, 74422, 74426, 74428, 74431, 74432, 74435,
74436, 74437, 74438, 74445, 74447, 74455, 74456, 74459, 74460,
74469, 74470, 74829, 74833, 74839, 74845, 74859, 74860, and
Top of page
2018 | 2017